Sitinee Sheffert is wife, mom of 4 wonderful children and the founder of Giving Artfully/Giving Artfully Kids. Prior to having children, Sitinee was a research analyst at UnitedHealthcare and a Project Manager and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. It wasn't until she had children that she discovered she had a love for being creative. This passion led her to build a website to connect crafters with volunteer opportunities and then an after-school program that teaches children about philanthropy. She has a dual Masters degree in Public Policy and Health Services Research and Policy and Bachelors of Science from the University of Minnesota.
1. Please describe yourself in ten words.
Mom, wife, friend, entrepreneur, and task-master
2. Nobody ever told me parenting would require me to ...
Learn so many new skills – railroad construction, lego builder, rainbow loom creations, friendship bracelet techniques, Pokeman battler, Tae Kwon Do techniques, etc.
3. Kids say the darndest things. One of the best things that ever came out of my child's mouth was ...
We are sleep training Crosby – our 5 month old. Our oldest Colton yells from the top of the stairs “MOM… DAD!! Why aren’t you doing your job – why are you letting Crosby cry. Do I have to do everything here!” (Perhaps we should have told them what sleep training entailed!)
4. My worst 2am moment with my child was ...
2 Kids simultaneously throwing up with the stomach bug with husband out of town - they are so helpless and you can’t really do anything but try to comfort them
5. My idea of perfect family happiness is …
All 6 of us together with no interruptions – quality family time
6. What is the best parenting advice you gave or received?
Kids just want quality time with you – just 10-15 minutes of 100% attention is better than an hour of trying to multi-task while with them.
7. What is your favorite book to read with your child?
The Giving Tree
8. I would win the parenting award for ...
Being a “tiger mom” (okay, maybe I won’t get an award for that!)
9. I would be put in the parenting penalty box for ...
Not willing to take my kids to indoor water parks because I’m a germaphobe
10. If your children were characters from fiction, who would they be?
Sosie - Boo from Monsters Inc, sometimes we also call her Bingbong from Inside Out, Colton – Russel from Up
Sawyer – Agnes from Despicable Me
Crosby – the baby from Incredibles
11. If your family had theme song, what would it be?
My Wish by Rascal Flatts
12. The title of the movie about your family life would be ...
It’s a Wonderful LIfe
The Twigtale Twelve - Sitinee Sheffert was originally published on September 24, 2015. Modifications to style, arrangement, and linked sources were made on January 8, 2016.