Eliana Tardio is a many times awarded blogger and author of two books dedicated to her children, Emir and Ayelén, who have Down syndrome. Seven years ago after the birth of her second child; Eliana started a blog as a journal to share and provide support to Hispanic parents of children with special needs. Throughout the years, her blog has grown to become one of the most popular of its genre with more than 200k monthly readers. Through inspirational posts, Eliana empowers parents to celebrate their kids' unique abilities as the key to succeed in a world that is evolving as the result of our personal commitment to educate and create awareness by example.
1. Please describe yourself in ten words.
Determined, stubborn, creative, obsessive, committed, positive, outspoken, reflective, hyper-active, sensitive.
2. Nobody ever told me parenting would require me to ...
Create things that didn’t exist in order to assure my children’s success.
3. Kids say the darndest things. One of the best things that ever came out of my child's mouth was ...
“That doll is not as beautiful as I am, but it’s ok.”
4. My worst 2am moment with my child was ...
5. My idea of perfect family happiness is ….
Making time to listen to each other with no outside distractions
6. What is the best parenting advice you gave or received?
Don’t worry about the future. You are building it today.
7. What is your favorite book to read with your child?
Star-Belly Sneetches | Dr. Seuss Books | Seussville
8. I would win the parenting award for ...
Teaching my kids to be independent
9. I would be put in the parenting penalty box for ...
Wearing headphones when they are throwing tantrums
10. If your children were characters from fiction, who would they be?
My daughter would be Merida/Brave, and my son would be Garfield.
11. If your family had theme song, what would it be?
"Happy" from Pharrell Williams
12. The title of the movie about your family life would be ...
Up – Disney Movies
The Twigtale Twelve - Eliana Tardio was originally published on September 2, 2015. Modifications to style, arrangement, and linked sources were made on January 8, 2016.