Cathy McLain currently resides in Tblisi, Georgia (formerly part of the USSR) with her husband and many animals. She founded the McLain Association for Children, a non-profit that serves special needs children in the area. Cathy is the proud mother of three children (including Twigtale's co-founder, Carrie Southworth), as well as grandmother to four very special grandchildren.
You can read more about Cathy in this essay Carrie wrote last Mother's Day.
1. Please describe yourself in ten words.
I love my grandkids, my vineyard, helping vulnerable people (MAC).
2. Nobody ever told me parenting would require me to ...
Not get one restful night of sleep until the last one went off to University.
3. Kids say the darndest things. One of the best things that ever came out of my child's mouth was ...
"My daddy sells money to poor people!" (My husband, Roy, worked at World Bank)
4. My worst 2am moment with my child was ...
When my 8 month old daughter had a 106 temperature.
5. My idea of perfect family happiness is …
Everyone at the dinner table, telling stories and jokes…..with cellphones turned off!
6. What is the best parenting advice you gave or received?
Let them eat dirt!
7. What is your favorite book to read with your child?
The Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde (although I have never gotten through it without crying).
8. I would win the parenting award for ...
Great homemade meals
9. I would be put in the parenting penalty box for ...
Letting my children accidentally watch a John Water's movie at age 6. I thought it was a disney movie and turned it on and left the room before it started. Oops.
10. If your children were characters from fiction, who would they be?
The 3 kids from Peter Pan.
11. If your family had theme song, what would it be?
12. The title of the movie about your family life would be ...
National Lampoon Family Vacation
Cathy's website is www.macgeorgia.org.
The Twigtale Twelve - Cathy McLain was originally published on September 15, 2015. Modifications to style, arrangement, and linked sources were made on January 8, 2016.