Carrie Southworth is Twigtale's founder and a dedicated mother to her two young daughters. She is also a former model turned successful actress, recipient of an economics degree, and one of the funniest woman we know (please see her answer to #9). And she didn't even pay us to say that! I mean, she is paying us, but you get it. We continue the launch of our favorite new feature with her answers to The Twigtale Twelve.
1. Please describe yourself in ten words.
Mom, wife, mompreneur. Lover of reality TV, great fiction, chardonnay.
2. Nobody ever told me parenting would require me to ...
Travel with so much luggage.
3. Kids say the darndest things. One of the best things that ever came out of my child's mouth was ...
My 5 year old talking about her friend Austin:
“When I marry Austin, I am going to take his name. . . I am also going to take his face.”
(cue psycho music)
4. My worst 2am moment with my child was ...
Any 2 am moment with a young child is guaranteed to be a bad one.
5. My idea of perfect family happiness is …
A summer barbecue by the pool with friends and family. Barefoot adults, kids eating ice cream cones in the waning light.
6. What is the best parenting advice you gave or received?
A mom in my neighborhood stopped me shortly after the birth of my first child. I must have had a look in my eye. She said, “It’s ok if you hate this. Not every moment of motherhood is fantastic – and admitting that doesn’t make you a bad mom.”
7. What is your favorite book to read with your child?
Umm. Any Twigtale book. Obvs.
8. I would win the parenting award for ...
Sunday morning breakfast! Buttermilk pancakes, bacon – I pull out all the stops.
9. I would be put in the parenting penalty box for ...
Occasionally asking my kids if they want to play a game called, “Mommy takes a nap while the kids sit quietly and look at books.”
10. If your children were characters from fiction, who would they be?
According to them: Elsa and Anna. According to me: Beezus and Ramona
11. If your family had theme song, what would it be?
The Beatles, I'm So Tired
12. The title of the movie about your family life would be ...
It’s a Wonderful Life
The Twigtale Twelve - Carrie Southworth was originally published on August 26, 2015. Modifications to style, arrangement, and linked sources were made on January 8, 2016.